Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS boundary, wave port conditions for antenna with feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heikoo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I have an antenna with a feed-line where I have as an excitation a wave port. There are two possibilities to place the air box. You can create the wave port in the same plane as the radiation box or the box is λ/4 far away from the beginning of the feed line where a wave port is placed. So what is the simulation rule?

Re: HFSS boundary, wave port conditions for antenna with fee

Heikoo,
if u upload your file I could better understand ur problem and I can try to fix it.

I.

Ok., I have added an file with the two possibilities.

ok,

1st possibility: the wave port is inside the airbox. The simulation rule is to draw a very thin PEC brick and assign the port to the PEC brick face touching the antenna (looks to be fed with a cpw, isn't it?). PEC is a 'non-solve inside' material in HFSS. Waveports must be placed between a 'non-solve inside' (no meshed) and a 'solve inside' material (meshed like dielectrics, etc.). This solution is typically used when there's a special need to use waveports as so called 'internal ports';

2nd possibility: draw a rectangular sheet touching the airbox and assign the waveport. This is the most common way to use waveport, simpler to be drawn. I think this better suits ur needs, actually there's no need to put the waveport inside the airbox in ur case.

The two situations are, anyway, equivalent.

I.

Thank you.
I am still working 2nd method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back