Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test the parallel port of a motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttypranab

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO EVERYONE.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME HOW TO TEST MY MOTHERBOARD'S PARALLEL PORT(EACH PIN ADDRESS, CONTROL, STATUS ETC).THANKS IN ADVANCE.

parallel port tester

What are you looking for is a parallel port loopback test. This was supported by numerous test programs in the past such as Checkit, Norton, etc. Since the parallel port is obsolete, this function has been dropped.

Try to find a copy of one of these older programs. Then search the web for the program's name AND parallel loopback. This will often give you the pinout to make the loopback connector. Often you just solder some wires from a DB25 connector to loop the signal from one pin back to another.

Note: This does NOT work with USB to parallel converters. These devices do NOT emulate the Data, Control and Status ports.

Added after 12 minutes:

Just for fun, I googled "freeware parallel port loopback". I came up with the following URL

**broken link removed**

This allows you to toggle parallel port pins. With a voltmeter and this app, you can quickly work through the port pins.

test parallel port

Banjo,

I signed up just to say thank you for the info on testing a parallel port. You rock!!

porttestin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back