Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

140V to 12V Dc Dc Regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Rehan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one suggest a Linear (Preferred) or Non-Linear Voltage regulator for 140V to 12V and Max Current of about 5A

I want to use 140V Battery to power up 12V ICs on PCB

How good you know Ohm's law? (140 - 12) * 5 = 640W power loss in case of linear regulation using. That's not funny even. That's really dangerous.
The only way for you is to copy AC-DC power supply (remove diode bridge and it will become DC-DC converter) to your application.

Thanks, I confused linear with non linear

Any Non-Linear regulator/small Buck converter?

rehan are u from lahore?

I have personally used the solution that easyrider83 refers to.
Take any of the universal input voltage converters you can purchase, and just apply DC to it. The bridge rectifier will always be working on a single direction, but so what?

This is not only the cheapest solution, it will provide an isolated secondary side from the primary voltage, and will save you a ton of time, expense and aggravation designing your own PSU (which is not trivial if you have never designed one).

Status
Not open for further replies.