Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the causes of a malformed device

Status
Not open for further replies.

yxo

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
malformed device

hi!
ASSURA LVS gives me a warning malformed device on dummy resistor. Is it dangerously? I use IC51041, ASSURA, tsmc013 fab.
thanks

malformed device assura

What do you mean by dummy resistor? metal-resistors?
OK, could you check - why is it malformed?
After you run LVS --> Open the "LVS Debug Env"
Now,
1. Display "extraction" errors on the Debug form.
2. In the Summary box of the LVS Debug form, select Mal.Devices.
3. Click the Open Tool button.
==> The "Malformed Devices Tool" form should open.

It will show you - the malformed devices.
In the Malformed Devices Type box, select one of your malformed device --> Click the "Open ELW" button --> The Error Layer Window (ELW) will open.

Check those - try to Explain...

If they are metal resistors - it is proabbly not dangerous. If you are sure - it is not serious at all -
you can use an additional rsf option to avoid/stop such warnings for any malformed devices:

?flagMalformed nil

Be absolutely sure - they are not genuine malformations. The additional option will stop all malformed device warnings [including genuine problem-areas] - so usually we all rather try to modify layout so that - we don't get any such warnings, if possible.

Hi bro,

I know this thread is very old, however, I still got the same issue.

In case the malformed device is not in the resistor but in the device, and of course, the device is from PDK.

I got the warning of "malformed device nmosRf1p2StdPsRec" and "malformed device pmosRf1p2StdRec". In my layout is only a inverter.

Can anyone give me a advice to solve the issue.

Thanks,

TDF

It may be something like a missing well tie / "tap" that prevents the extract
logic from finding one of the terminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back