Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12vdc to 18vdc 2500mA converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joaquim

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i need to make a 12vdc to 18vdc 2500mA converter to connect my laptop computer to the battery of my car
can somebody send me a schematic diagram for i build this device?

12vdc to 18vdc

Since the link provided is in German, I doubt the OP can make a lot of use of it.

What you probably want to use is a boost dc-dc converter topology. Search for that on google, you will find lots of info from the leading analog semiconductor companies...

12vdc to 18vdc

Hi You can use LM2588 or LM2587 fron National Semiconductor. Download Switchers Made Simple 6.24 program from:
**broken link removed**

Best Regards

Re: 12vdc to 18vdc

hi everybody

i´ve see yours instant replays and i´m happy for that but i ´m looking for a house made circuit for build myself
what i see in elv magasin is the divice that i´m looking for and the price is not expensive but i´m live im portugal and don´t find anything to buy .
i must do it by myself

MC34063A.
Costs less than a dollar.
When larger currents are needed,it takes just one fast transistor more,that's all.Find the datasheet and there are answers to all your questions.
It should be available in Portugal since I can buy it even in Bulgaria.

calculator :**broken link removed**
construction: **broken link removed**
Enjoy!

iwill be very grateful if also let me know
how to vonvert 12 v to5 v and it shuold have
low power :cry:

hi eemapir

to convert 12vdc to 5vdc is easy you can do it with the 7805 ic
for the output current you just chose the right case of the device