Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v time delay switch Newb question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky4601

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all This is my first post here. I'm new at this stuff so please be gentle.
My question is: I need a 12v switch that turns on and off in a matter of a second. I have a trigger and its timed. But during it's time on I don't want a solid power supply just on off on off until it's shut off. The faster the better. Could this be done in a simple 12v relay setup? In advance I thank anyone's time and consideration in your help or thoughts!

mechanical relays have bouncing. hence there will be 'on off on off '
as you expected .

i think you can use solid state relays .
it depends on your need.

srizbf
16thmay2010

actually looks like I figured it out. I originally just wired a turn signal relay but it didn't seem to have a long enough off delay to turn the power off to the solenoid i was attempting to power. So The fix was I used a turn signal relay to switch a 12v relay to turn on and off the solenoid. that seemed to give a big enough gap in power off to let the solenoid switch back open and closed. Worked like a charm!!! and actually the exact timing I wanted also!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back