Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky4601

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all This is my first post here. I'm new at this stuff so please be gentle.
My question is: I need a 12v switch that turns on and off in a matter of a second. I have a trigger and its timed. But during it's time on I don't want a solid power supply just on off on off until it's shut off. The faster the better. Could this be done in a simple 12v relay setup? In advance I thank anyone's time and consideration in your help or thoughts!

mechanical relays have bouncing. hence there will be 'on off on off '
as you expected .

i think you can use solid state relays .
it depends on your need.

srizbf
16thmay2010

actually looks like I figured it out. I originally just wired a turn signal relay but it didn't seem to have a long enough off delay to turn the power off to the solenoid i was attempting to power. So The fix was I used a turn signal relay to switch a 12v relay to turn on and off the solenoid. that seemed to give a big enough gap in power off to let the solenoid switch back open and closed. Worked like a charm!!! and actually the exact timing I wanted also!

Status
Not open for further replies.