Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v 5ah to 5v 200ma power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont understand me wrong, I dont have anything wrong with switching regulators, I often use them.

But in this case for 200mA we should get some arguments. Did we read 2575 datasheet about minimal current, what if his circuit needs 100mA or 150mA - under 200mA.

We didnt hear prafful recently, what is his needs, smaller, cheaper, easier,.... maybe he use Arduino I dont know.

I think that we give to much time to this elementary thing, prafful should make cut and maybe try both solutions why not.

Its time to see situation in other threads.

I hope that will prafful make sucessfully his device, and use it on his bike.

:wink:

hi.. thanks to all..
I didnt know that my small thread become so long and knowledgeable discussion..

I m making Speedometer for my bike.

Using Atmega16 controller, reed switch, 16x2 LCD, and some led and switch to operate.

so you can get the idea how much smaller value of current i need...

i have asked this question because i was afraid that bike battery will damage my controller..

thanking you all again..

little work remain in my side.. soon apply it practically and than tell you result...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MAKE SIMPLE THING SIMPLER

Look this project maybe this can help you :

4.png

You dont need to waste ATMega16 for this easy job.

Attachments

• !!! Speedometer-Cum-Odometer 89C2051.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
Reactions: prafful

prafful

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Speedometer also will be used only when bike engine is turned on. In that case alternator will supply this device with battery together. Situation the same like in car, alternator charge battery when engine is on, and supply device consument also.

Maybe this is forgoten by some posters.

Reactions: prafful

prafful

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.