Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laipac PG-11 GPS receiver board

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOORPURI

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pg-11 gps

If some has used Laipac PG-11 GPS receiver board. Then please guide me about it biasing .

i.e. V_ANT =?V
and is there any more settings then please share with me

Than x
Mian jehanzeb

laipac pg-1

You could confirm me if it uses NMEA protocol or SIRF protocol or any other protocol. Are you sending the AT commands to the GPS receiver or just your application is reading the location. Where are you seeing the output. On hyper-terminal or on any simulator. If you are using hyperterminal then it is difficult for you to configure.
Can you try few things before I give you any suggestion.

1. Can you connect GPS to hyperterminal and through serial comm directly. Can you check the output. Verify if you are getting "V" here also allong with other parameters.
2. Then connect the GPS to controller and read the data and display in LCD or hyperterminal and see the output. Do you find any difference in both forms of output.
3. If you are using any custom made simulator then please do the same 2 steps and tell me. If you don’t have then please try to download the UNAV analyzer software where you can get all the information of from which satellites you are getting signal, at what signal strength, pictorial representation of movement of satellites, data received from satellite, and more over you can configure any parameter you want to receive from gps and filter out unwanted information

Added after 14 minutes:

You could confirm me if it uses NMEA protocol or SIRF protocol or any other protocol. Are you sending the AT commands to the GPS receiver or just your application is reading the location. Where are you seeing the output. On hyper-terminal or on any simulator. If you are using hyperterminal then it is difficult for you to configure.
Can you try few things before I give you any suggestion.

1. Can you connect GPS to hyperterminal and through serial comm directly. Can you check the output. Verify if you are getting "V" here also allong with other parameters.
2. Then connect the GPS to controller and read the data and display in LCD or hyperterminal and see the output. Do you find any difference in both forms of output.
3. If you are using any custom made simulator then please do the same 2 steps and tell me. If you don’t have then please try to download the UNAV analyzer software where you can get all the information of from which satellites you are getting signal, at what signal strength, pictorial representation of movement of satellites, data received from satellite, and more over you can configure any parameter you want to receive from gps and filter out unwanted information

Added after 5 hours 26 minutes:

UNAV analyser

Attachments

• unav_6089.zip
    311.2 KB · Views: 96

pg11 gps

Hi jehan;

Default baud rate is 4800 for GPS receiver. But you need to change the baudrate from 4800 to 38400, from the application.

Format:
$PSRF100,<protocol>,<baud>,<DataBits>,<StopBits>,<Parity>*CKSUM
<CR><LF>
<protocol> 0=SiRF Binary, 1=NMEA, 4=USER1
<baud> 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400
<DataBits> 8,7. Note that SiRF protocol is only valid f8 Data bits
<StopBits> 0,1
<Parity> 0=None, 1=Odd, 2=Even
Example 1: Switch to SiRF Binary protocol at 9600,8,N,1
$PSRF100,0,9600,8,1,0*0C<CR><LF>
Example 2: Switch to User1 protocol at 38400,8,N,1
$PSRF100,4,38400,8,1,0*38<CR><LF>
**Checksum Field: The absolute value calculated by exclusive-OR the 8 data
bits of each character in the Sentence,between, but excluding “$”
and “*”. The hexadecimal value of the most significant and least
significant 4 bits of the result are convertted to two ASCII characters
(0-9,A-F) for transmission. The most
significant character is transmitted first.
**<CR><LF> : Hex 0D 0A

After changing the baud rate change the baud rate in the UNAV to see the output or in your software also.

to configure only the parameter then follow this.

Query/Rate Control ID:103 Query standard NMEA message
and/or set output rate
This command is used to control the output of standard NMEA message GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG. Using this command message, standard NMEA message may be polled once, or setup for periodic output. Checksums may also be enabled or disabled depending on the needs of the receiving program. NMEA message settings are saved in battery backed memory for each entry when the message is accepted.

Format:
PSRF103,<msg>,<mode>,<rate>,<cksumEnable>*CKSUM<CR><LF>
<msg> 0=GGA,1=GLL,2=GSA,3=GSV,4=RMC,5=VTG
<mode> 0=SetRate,1=Query
<rate> Output every <rate>seconds, off=0,max=255
<cksumEnable> 0=disable Checksum,1=Enable checksum for specified
Example 1: Query the GGA message with checksum enabled
PSRF103,00,01,00,01*25
Example 2: Enable VTG message for a 1Hz constant output with checksum enabled
PSRF103,05,00,01,01*20
Example 3: Disable VTG message
PSRF103,05,00,00,01*21

I have problem in sending mail to lycos.com. It bounces back so I will post it in the forum also.

Then in your application your need to capture only the required parameter. In UNAV also you can configure the required parameters in NMEA command interface also.

Try and let me know.

laipac gps download

U r smart

Status
Not open for further replies.