Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 DC to 14 AV 50Hz inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCMatrix

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
12dc to +-48vdc

Hi there
I need to build or buy an inverter that transforms 12V DC to 14 AC 50Hz, or 24DC (two batteries) to 14 AC.
It's for my guitar sinthetizer, i need to play with it in the street with my 12V batteries. I've tried with an 12V->220AC inverter pure sine (from Velleman) but it introduces to much noise in the guitar. And look, I simply put a small power strip to the 220AC out of the inverter with nothing connected in it, and the noise it's incredible (electromagnetical).

I have several solutions to try.
1- Build an 12V or 24V DC to 14AC 50Hz inverter.
It's possible to buy one anywhere or someone to build me one?

2- Use the 12V->220AC inverter followed by an 220V AC filter.
What filter do you recommend?

Any help or ideas I'll be precious.
Thanks,
A. Soares

invertor 50hz

almost certainly, your 14V AC is being converted back to a lower DC voltage inside the synth anyway. Your best bet would be to find out what the circuitry actually runs on and generate that voltage from the 12V batteries. In other words, don't spend money stepping the voltage up if all you do is step it down again afterward.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back