Not open for further replies.

optech

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
100mm 7 segment display

I want to drive 3 digit 7 segment display. My purpose is, the data which received from computer, show in display. I have developed the circuit and firmware for PIC so that it. I can drive the small display with this circuit that powered 5V in a board. But I can't do it for 100mm display. When I give 9V voltage to the circuit, 100mm display works correct and brightness of display is good. Also ICs are not be warm.

But my problem is I know that ST232 ve PIC16f628 should worked with max 5.5-6V voltage. In this conditions, in long time range, Have I problem with this circuit? And Is there a way for this circuit works with 5V voltage.

Thanks.

Hi,
I think you must get a new power supplier,because small 7 segment display has only one LED chip in series,but 100mm has 5 LED chips in series.one chip need about less than 2 voltage to drive,so 5 in series need 5 times.

I hope this will advise you.We are a manufacturer of LED components in China,if you can give me some advice about who need our products,I will be appreciated it very much.My E-mail:ivan@nb-flying.com.
Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.