Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100 ohm resistor in Wilkinson power divider in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafidul

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. I want to design a Wilkinson Power divider at 3GHz in HFSS. But I am getting problem in designing 100ohm resistor between the output ports. What should be the dimension(Length width and height) of the sheet for lumped port

Hi!
FOR creation of the resistor it is better to use Lumped RLC from Boundaries tab.

Yes I can use Lumped port. But is there any restriction on the dimension of the sheet? What are practical dimension of the chip resistor available in market ?

I do not know HFSS, (I'm a CST type). Search on "ohms per sq". The length/width and ohms per sq define the resistance.
Dimensions of the resist and thermal conductivity also defines the amount of power dissipated. Power dissipation may or may not be an issue to you.

As a first approximation, throw an ideal lumped element resistor in to optimize what what value you need. After that, fit in your printed resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.