Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1/f noise in diff amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think flick noise is propotional to the area.
Regards.

inversely proportional to area

okguy said:
lily1981216 said:
nandu said:
i was simulating the noise performance of a mos diffamp, and i found that the tail mos current source contributes significantly to the 1/f noise measured at the differential output. why is this happening? i always thought the tail mos doesnt contribute to overall noise as its noise current gets evenly distributed between the 2 branches and hence gets canclled off when we view the differential output.
may i ask you how can you use cadence to run analysis about 1/f noise

First, check that you have the AF /KF parameters or equivalent.
Many old or simple models don't, and 1/f default parameters are 0.

yes i find af parameterand it's value is 1.thanks
but i don't see kf.may i ask what the definition of them is

Added after 16 minutes:

now i run noise analysis of a amplifier.the result includes the equivalent output noise/the input equivalent noise and i can see the total noise and input referenced from the noise summry .i want to ask what the definition of the equivalent output noise and the equivalent input noise is and i can see the equivalent output noise don't equal to the total output noise and the equivalent input noise don't equal to the input referenced noise .what the defference between them?and as i think the input referenced noise should be the total output noise /gain^2?and it should be lest than the total out put noise.but the result show that it's larger than the total output noise.why?

Status
Not open for further replies.