Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1/10 scale solar project

Status
Not open for further replies.

miking70

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have solar panels( 135 watts total) connected to two marine batteries going to a home made inverter of 500 watts max out. I am trying to make a pic 16F887 test the voltages from >12vdc battery (2 marine batteries in parallel) power all 5 resistors (representing the 5 most used appliances in the home). I have used a voltage divider to set the input to the micro chip but I'm having trouble getting the micro chip to turn on and off the 12vdc relays connected to each resistor. The theory is that as the battery voltage drops off, the least needed appliance will drop out on down the line until the batteries are recharged and the appliances are put back in. While trying to run the micro chip signal to an op amp I noticed that the circuit sees it as being in parralled to the existing voltage divider and can't get it to amplify enough to turn the relays on. Any help woud be appreciated since it's down to the wire now to get this project done. Thanks in advance..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back