Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help regarding current source in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeptimongia

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all...

i want a voltage controlled current source of the form gm*V*exp(-jwt)..how can i put it in my schematic using SDDP or any other thing...

am new to ADS..so dont know much about it..

hi deeptimongia,
In the component palette, left hand side drop down list, select Sources-Controlled.
VCCS is waht you are looking for.

good luck,

no actually...VCCS is a linear source...
i want one that will generate the characteristics of the form gm*V*exp(-jwt)....In simple terms i want to define a current source to meet my specifications. This is possible with the help of SDDP but am not able to define its parameters..the exp(-jwt) term is a problem...

But in this model you can define T,G, and f

If you want to define your own equation you can use
Eqn Based-Nonlinear/VCCS

good luck,

even that equation based nonlinear is not helping me out...it gives a polynomial dependence of current on voltage...and mine is not that..

hi again,
Try Eqn Based-Nonlinear/SDD.
Hope it helps this time,

thanks !!..
have already tried and worked out..

Hi all
I need to simulate a small signal equivalent FET in ADS... a S parameter simulation...i don't know how to place the voltage controlled current source...i tried with equation based liniar...but i don't know how to connect it in my circuit..i am new in ADS...i need urgent help plss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back