Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem about simulation dielectric resonator with CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliet

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst resonator

I have a problem about the simulation.
I have simlated a dielectric resonator with eigenmode solver,and now I want know
the resonance frequency under a wave incliding !
I have established a mode ,but i don't know right or not!
help me!

Hi,

I downloaded your design but I do not understand the setup. If you would like to simulate a incident wave you should use a plane wave as excitation and not a WG-Port. In order to observe the resonance you can use a field probe near or inside the resonator since you will to get any S-Parameter.

Only if the resonator is inside a cavity or if you have an infinite array of those dielectric bodies you can use a WG port.

F.

RFSimulator ,Thanks for your reply!
I have done it after your writing! but the probe field is the reflection field and incidention field ,how can i observe the resonator frequency from the probe S-Parameter!?
regards!

Hi,

just place a field probe inside (or near) the resonator. At the resonant frequencies you will get stronger fields. I did so. Please see the results..

The resonator is excited by a plane wave from the left. Three modes are excited inside the resonator. If you change the direction of the plane wave, you will excite other modes.

F.

Hi,

this time your last structure with a perfect electric infinite GND plane underneath the resonator. Excitation from above.

F.

hi thanks for your reply!
I have done the second mode,but I find that it is not agree with your simulation
can you give me all result that you simulated in CST( the first and second mode)
the follow is my simulation result! can you give me some advise?

Hi,

which version of MWs do you use? 5 or 2006?

F.

cst microwave studio 5.0
Thanks!

Hi

Sorry, I do not have MWS 5 installed on my computer. I used a linear polarisation for the plane wave along on of the main axis. You use a polarisation under 45 deg. Otherwise the results agree O.K.

You also might consider to extend the GND plane a little bit away from the resonator. The Boundareis are pretty close to teh reonator. Moving them away will increase the accuray..

F.

Hi RFSimulator
Thanks for your helping ,I have made some progress in my research! thank you!
Now I have another problem,During my the first simulation ,I happen to the following error message:

when exciting with a plane wave the material at the open boundaries has to be homogeneous

what is wrong ,I don't know!
regards!

Hi RFSimulator

Just export the model to SAT 12 or 14 if that works in ver.5 then gliet can import it
and get the right structure. If you used parameters, copy the *.par file too.

pl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back