Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding microstrip substrate in KA band LNA design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murlix

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, I am new to amplifier design. I am doing a low noise amplifier design and implementation for my final year project of undergraduate studies. I need to design a low noise amplifier at KA band downlink frequency range(18.3GHz -18.8GHz or 19.7GHz - 20.2GHz). It must be implemented using microstrip. I am using ADS2005A as the simulator software.

1)for my questions earlier, toonafishy said that i should use ROGERS 4003 10mil thickness. Is it possible to use Duroid,Er=2.52(readily available in my university lab) or ROGERS 3010 Er=10.2 as microstrip PCB at those frequencies?

2)As for the GaAs FET(NE350184C) Toonafishy recommended, i found that the model is not included in ADS component library. However i found a NEC electronics website(h**p://www.ncsd.necel.com/microwave/english/parameter/low_gaashj_dp.html) which provides the model s-parameters for newer FET models including the NE350184C but the design kit for ADS in the website did not include the parameters for NE350184C. they only put the s-parameters of NE350184C for download in .s2p format. My problem is that I dont know how to import the .s2p files of the NE350184C into ADS component library or somehow create the model in ADS. I hope u guys could really help me out in this matter.

3) i hav uploaded the selection guide for NEC Small Signal GaAs FETS in this post. there are 5 possible FETs for my frequency range but i dont know which to choose for my design. Any suggestions is welcomed.

Thanks to all that hav me given very useful suggestion and advice.

Re: about LNA design in KA band?

about how to include the s2p file into ads
select data items , from this lib , select s2 , double click and include the file u want

and to the reffernce port put gnd

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.