Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a sentence understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuel

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
"The reason for this SNR improvement through the use of oversampling is that when quantized samples are averaged together, the signal portion adds linearly, whereas the noise portion adds as the square root of the sum of the squares"---------from pp.536 martins book.

I dont understand it. anyone can help me?
thanks.

samuel.

samuel said:
"The reason for this SNR improvement through the use of oversampling is that when quantized samples are averaged together, the signal portion adds linearly, whereas the noise portion adds as the square root of the sum of the squares"---------from pp.536 martins book.

I dont understand it. anyone can help me?
thanks.

samuel.

Assume that we have A and B signals. The useful signal will be A+B but the noise portion outcome will be ≈√(A*A + B*B) (e.g. A=3, B=4 the useful signal is 7, but the noise is proportional to 5..so the ratio is smaller...it's not quite exact but just trying to explain it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back