Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to store data in arm7 flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCO_81

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sam7 iap api

Hi,

when my arm7 mc downloads a file in his ram I want to store it permanent in the flash. So when I reboot it the data should not get lost. How can I achieve this?

HI

What type of ARM7 are you using :

LPC21xx,TMS470,STR7,SAM7,ADUC7xxx etc

each MC has it's own Flash programming API

All the best

Bobi

Hi,
I want to save some Data in the Flash of the TMS470R1A256. Does anybody have code examples or a flash API or a documentation?
Hardware:TMS470 - Rowley Crossworks - CrossConnect
Thanks a lot!
RaPo470

Hi

If you wish to save only few parameter :

const unsigned char DAT[0x05,0x06,0x012] the compiler save it automatecly to FLASH memory

All the best

BObi

bobcat1 said:
Hi

If you wish to save only few parameter :

const unsigned char DAT[0x05,0x06,0x012] the compiler save it automatecly to FLASH memory

All the best

BObi

Hi,
I want to save some data inn the falsh at running time, not when compiling the program. I want to save data from the ADC or Positions from a motor before the controller loses power!
But thanks anyway - good try!
Best regards
RaPo470

it depends on which flash device u r using.
r u using a nand flash or nor flash.
may be u can post the part number of the flash here.

Which device r u using ?

You want to save this data at External SPI/I2C FLASH or you want to use IAP commands ?

that perticularlty depends on your ARM device type as every device may have diff IAP command s.

Can you Elaborate your application with device Numbers..

Hi,
I am using the TMS470R1A256 with 256KByte On-Chip-Flash. I want to save the data into the last sector(0x1003E000 - 0x1003FFFF) of this On-Chip-Flash, not in any external SPI-Flash-Memory.
Thanks for your reply.
RaPo470

Hi RaPo470

For that you should check
TMS470 Family – F05 Flash ModuleSoftware Peripheral Driver User’s
Specification -
All the Flash API 's are given into it .

I am trying to make one TMS470R1A256 Eval board if you have any idea pls help me .First point I have stuck is it does not have any Serial Programming utility.

Thanks and Regards

Girish

girish_wabale said:
Hi RaPo470

For that you should check
TMS470 Family – F05 Flash ModuleSoftware Peripheral Driver User’s
Specification -
All the Flash API 's are given into it .

I am trying to make one TMS470R1A256 Eval board if you have any idea pls help me .First point I have stuck is it does not have any Serial Programming utility.

Thanks and Regards

Girish

Hi Girish,
I tried the Flash-API but I couldn't make it working:cry:. I am using the Rowley Crossworks (very good and exelent support). In the Datasheets I read that an erase-sector could last 2 or more seconds. This is much to long, when you want to save position datas on power down!
There are EvalBoards from TI or Olimex. They use the JTag-Interface for Programming. For serial programming you have to program a loader and program that loader to the controller( with a JTag programmer). On serial Upload this loader must run in RAM , so you can erase the complete Flash and program the new software (including the loader for the next programming). All in all no easy job, i think so far. A cheep and working programmer is Wiggler on a PC's parallel Port.
I used the Olimex-Board for trying out the Flash-API without success. I could not find the TI-source-code for the Flash-API so debugging is not easy.

Thank you and best regards
RaPo470

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back