Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Space Vector PWM Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsman

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am confused with the following thing. Hope to get some help. The application note i am referring to is a TI but i am implementing it for microchip and different kind of motor ratings. In the image i have attached the variables are expressed in P.U and in Q12 for TI. But i don't want to do it in my micro in the initial stage. So can i go ahead use VDC as it is without dividing by Vbase? Please help.

BgPD3Qz.png

https://imgur.com/a/s2MkukQ

Attachments

• TI_spra588.pdf
    539.1 KB · Views: 96

The 1/Vbase factor designates a variable scaling in the design, no calculation to be performed by the processor, I think. Presume Vdc is variable and thus will be measured. As any other variable, it need a useful scaling to fit the used fixed point range. Your Vdc scaling may be different from the original ADC range, in this case it will be usually multiplied with a pre-calculated factor, or a factor modified according to stored calibration parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.