Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] FPGA Book for real time simulation of DC-DC converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shomikc

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am new to FPGA. I am looking for a book for Alterra FPGA which provides examples for DC-DC Converters and PWM examples of Sine PWM and Space Vector PWM.

Thanks,

Shomik Chakraborty.

Hi,

What has "sine PWM" to do with "DC-DC" converters?

Klaus

Hi,

I am looking to learn about real time simulation of DC-DC converters as well as their control in experimental setup using FPGA. I am also looking to learn about implementation of modulation techniques for Inverters.

Thanks,

Shomik.

Hello all,

Can anyone please point me to some literature Alterra FPGA or Xilinx FPGA that explains real time simulation of some DC-DC converters.

Please help me.

Thankyou,

Shomik Chakraborty.

What do you mean specifically mean with real time simulation?

The question isn't still completely clear. Are you asking about designing FPGA based DC-DC converter and inverter controllers and simulating the design, or using FPGAs as tool for speeding up simulation, e.g. with Matlab/Simulink.

I am looking to learn about real time simulation of DC-DC converters

as well as their control in experimental setup using FPGA

I am also looking to learn about implementation of modulation techniques for Inverters.

As per my understanding, the above 3 qualify as separate questions.
Only the 2nd one is valid in this sub-forum.

I did a quick search using the phrase "DC-DC converter control using FPGA". You can do the same and find out if the results meet your requirement.

Hi.

Thank you for the response. I am sorry for the confusion. What I meant by real time simulation was simulating the operation of a DC DC converter in FPGA.

Thanks.

Shomik

Hi.

Thank you for the response. I am sorry for the confusion. What I meant by real time simulation was simulating the operation of a DC DC converter in FPGA.

Thanks.

Shomik

This is kind of like saying I want to grow oranges using apples.

An FPGA isn't a simulation device, it's a logic device (a digital logic device). A DC-DC converter is an analog circuit. And simulations are normally done using a computer.

Adding to #8, the controlling of the DC-DC converter can however be done through an FPGA.

simulating the operation of a DC DC converter in FPGA
Makes no particular sense without additional explanation.

- Which part/function of a DC-DC converter do you want to simulate?
- What kind of simulation (digital logic, power circuit, control loop)?
- Intended simulation tools?

Hello,

Thanks for the replies. As you can see I am completely new. I am just now starting on FPGA. I do not have any of the answers and only questions. So instead of disturbing the forum members at every turn I am looking for a good starting point, a good book or maybe even some lecture notes, which will bring me up to a level where I can ask meaningful questions.

Thank you all,

Shomik.

Your question is touching at least three different topics as FPGA programming, power electronics, digital or analog simulation. There are many books about each topic. It would be helpful if you can specify your field of interest more clearly.

Hello,

I would like to start with FPGA programming.

Thank you.

Shomik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back