Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spikes in the output of IR2110

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandeshKanchodu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was trying to implement an inverter with an h-bridge configuration using IR2110(the standard configuration of this). But I got spikes during the transition. Switching frequency was 50kHz. Please help!! Thanks in advance.

Hi,

IR2110 issues are one of the most discussed topics here. Go through existing threads.

Show your complete schematic (source of driving signal, IR2110, H-bridge, load)
Show a scope picture of the "spikes" and show exactly where you connected the scope.
Show a photo of your circuit including wiring.

Klaus

buffering the o/p helps a lot, you need minimum inductance in the wiring on the fets too ...

Thanks for the reply..... I could remove the spikes by increasing the gate resistance...... Can someone help me as to why the spike was removed and what is the optimal value of gate resistance and how to calculate it.....

Hi,

Without tho requested informations (post#2) we can only guess:
I assume it's caused by stray inductance ... caused by bad PCB layout or wiring.
(But if you read through other H-bridge driver problems ... you will know that already ;-) )

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.