Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parameters to check before combining two inductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gayatrijha8888@gmail.com

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends ,
I need one fixed inductor of 92mH value and max current 1A . As it is difficult for me to find exact an inductor having exact value as 92mH. I am thinking to make this inductor by using series combination of two inductors. But i have so many options like
1. 90mH + 2mH
2. 60mH + 32mH
3. 40mH + 52mH
etc
So i m confused which one to select . what things need to check before combining two inductors ? What can be best solution? Is it ok if we choose one inductor having very high value & another having low value ( like option 1)?

This sounds like a purely theoretical consideration.

Off-the-shelf fixed inductors have 5 or even 10 % tolerance, depending on the type (you didn't tell anything about), inductance is also current and temperature dependent.

Precise inductors with a similar specifications are mostly custom made and often tunable.

Can you clarify the specification?

Status
Not open for further replies.