Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Direct memory access through VDMA and DMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DilshanSampath

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Very sorry for if this is stupid question. Currently I am working on a project of video processing. I want to do background subtraction of a video stream. Therefore, I use Video Direct Memory Access(VDMA) xilinx AXI IP core and Direct Memory Access(DMA) xilinx IP core to take current video stream and reference image. Simple idea is to subtract reference image from current frame. I use AXI interconnect to connect all IPs into one system. My video stream is Full HD (1920x1080), 60 fps. I use zedboard to integrate the system and I access to DDR3 through zynq processing system. My problem is can I do this(I am asking this because I didn't get my expected result, and I have doubt of my plan)? Currently I am trying to do this by only using HP ports available in sync system. Do I have to use Accelerator Coherency Port(ACP) to let zynq to manage cache coherency? What gain I can get using ACP port?
It is very kind of you if anyone can guide whether my project is feasible and let me know gain I get using ACP port. Thank in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back