Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSMC DRM document and version number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usha GM

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Experts,
We are designing a SOC from architecture and I need to understand how I can decide of the calibre DRC/LVS decks that needs to be used for my technology and the DRM version respectively . I am working on 40nm TSMc. How should I decide what version of the DRM needs to be used and the DRC/LVS decks to be considered?

Hi Experts,
We are designing a SOC from architecture and I need to understand how I can decide of the calibre DRC/LVS decks that needs to be used for my technology and the DRM version respectively . I am working on 40nm TSMc. How should I decide what version of the DRM needs to be used and the DRC/LVS decks to be considered?

Is this an academic project or are you in the industry? If the latter, someone else should have decided for you. You can't pick a DRM by chance.

Hi,
I work in the industry. Yes , generally it is decided by someone else or the customer. My present project needs us to define these and let the customer know. Hence want to understand how this can be done.

For TSMC - you must use the latest version (of DRM, DRC, LVS ...) which is available on TSMC site.

Its better to get confirmation from TSMC, if you guys have a account. (DRC/LVS/Rule Deck)
Its better to use latest stable calibre version. Again confirm with Mentor.

These are very crucial decisions & need to review from all sides. There are cases of re-spin just for tool/deck version issues.

Hi,
I work in the industry. Yes , generally it is decided by someone else or the customer. My present project needs us to define these and let the customer know. Hence want to understand how this can be done.

I am assuming you don't know which process option to choose from. TSMC can and will help you with that. They will probably tell you to use the most mature version of the process because long term that is safer. Then you just pick the DRM that comes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back