Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Show Grayscale Image in Verilog in DE1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizdom

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys. I wanted to use the DE1 D5M camera module and when I capture the image and let's say switch on SW[1], the image will be converted to a grayscale image and output it through VGA in a monitor. How can I do this in Verilog? Please help me?

Your question is far to vague, if you have a specific problem ask about that problem.

Directly answering your question:
I wanted to use the DE1 D5M camera module and when I capture the image and let's say switch on SW[1], the image will be converted to a grayscale image and output it through VGA in a monitor. How can I do this in Verilog?
Design the entire system/architecture first (block diagrams, timing diagrams, etc), design the sub-modules to do each of the blocks from the first step (block diagrams, timing diagrams, etc), finally when you have manageable blocks. Finally you do this in Verilog by translating those blocks into Verilog hardware descriptions. This is referred to as top-down design, a.k.a. divide and conquer is another applicable term.

It's amazing how many students come on this forum, expecting us to teach them how to design (Isn't that why they go to a university?) Must be a lot of really crappy universities in the world.

I wanted to know where is the data being stored after we capture the image using the DE1_D5M camera module in Altera DE1 board? I wanted to make the image be shown in grayscale if I turn on let's say switch SW[9]. I have the code for the conversion of the image to grayscale but I am not sure if I am getting the right image data to be converted to grayscale and I'm not sure where to output the data in VGA. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back