Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for FPGA kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSAKARIM

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need some suggestions for FPGA kits for my project, i'm working on a project which needs 514 I/o pins. Is " Space-Grade Virtex-4QV XQR4VSX55-10CF1140 " good?

The V4 line is fairly old, but it was a high-end part of the time. Choosing a radiation hardened device only makes sense if you are using the device in a high radiation environment.

It isn't clear why you need 514 IO, what the requirements of the IO are, etc... For large numbers of low-speed IO, IO expanders can be used.

514 IO does not appear right. What beast are you developing?
it is also possible to split the design across multiple FPGAs. We also have latch and register ICs that the FPGA design can use to "expand IO".

Oh wait, are you developing some sort of LED driver? Then please remember that having enough IO pins is not enough if your device cannot provide the required net current to all the LEDs which will be quite high even if you used multplexing with the LEDs.

Given that you're interested in xilinx. Look at https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits.html

The 7 series is the future.
What i would recommend is getting one of the boards there & then using an FMC breakout to do the experiments you so desire on your 514 IO requirements.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back