Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

horizontally feeding a microstrip patch antenna with coax in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacrimosa

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ! i'm kinda new to HFSS and wanted to know how to horizontally feed a microstrip patch antenna with a coax cable . i have seen the other threads using a coax too feed the ground plane but i have problem feeding it through a microstrip feedline . what percussion should i take or what boundaries conditions should i set . i include examples showing this kind of feeding.thx

edaboard.png Patch-Antenna-Array-4X4-10.3GHz.png

Hi Lacrimosa,

Look up the drawings for the connector you're going to use, and create the connector in HFSS. Then just excite the coaxial mode on the coax end of the connector.

hi PlanarMetamaterials,

thanks for your reply.i have already simulated the coax and the antenna , the coax inner conductor touches the feedline and the outer conductor touches the the ground plane.my question is if that is enough and no parts need to be united in HFSS? i seem to get a proper VSWR response but S11 seems a little wrong.getting a proper VSWR does suggest a correct feeding procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back