Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shift register HC164 sensitivity issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritika Dhyawala

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am controlling 5 shift registers (74HC164) from TI's cc3200 launchpad. I am clocking the data using GPIO pin and controlling LEDs though it. But my shift register is giving weird results. It gives output when i bring my hand near to it or a wire near to it (works 50% of time). Some times output LEDs go weird when touch the IC, like all LEDs will start glowing when only one should be glowing.
My power supply is sufficient(1A) for the no of LEDs i am running(21 LEDs, each drawing 10mA(3.v/330ohms) so 210mA). I tried putting decoupling cap of .1uF between Vcc and Gnd, but it did not work, Also i have put a 10nF between Clock and Ground. I have taken care of setup and hold time of HC164 in my code.
Is there anything i am missing here. I have connected Clock, Data and MR(active low) to cc3200's GPIO (3.3v)

Post your schematics to review it and to provide the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.