Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find the input ,output power and gain of a Power amplifier in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohammedharris

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a CMOS class-E switching power amplifier in cadence for that how can i found my input,output power and gain of my amplifier for that what analysis I should do.

Anyone please help me
Thank U in advance

Hi,

There are couple of options, first you can try harmonic balance (hb) where you place a ports at the input and at the output of the amplifier . In this non-linear simulation you get the voltage at each harmonic, and the fundamental Vout/Vin is the gain voltage or power assuming the same impedance.
You can always run transient and calculate the harmonics via FFT.

Yes I run transient in that my input is in milli volt but my out put is in micro volt why the signal is not getting amplified is there any other thing to do in that?

Yes I run transient in that my input is in milli volt but my out put is in micro volt why the signal is not getting amplified is there any other thing to do in that?

Why don't you post your amplifiers schematic and simulation setup here ??
Could you calculate well the E-Class amplifier components' values ??

Yes here I have attached the circuit and the output new1.pngnew.png

Also please help me as where to add RF source in my circuit whether to remove the the vpulse or to add the RF source in series.

Frequency is 50MHz and 1nH Drain Inductor is almost short circuit for this frequency.You did a calculation error, re-calculate drain inductor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back