Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to setup a car audio system in a house ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telious

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Convert to 12v help.....

Hello, I have a Car Audio system i would like to set up in my house but have no idea how to do it.

I have a Memphis Audio 500x1 amp i want to plug in and use my Comp to run it for my Subs.
I have a program alrdy made that will only push out the max of 4v's to go into the amp, but i need to Convirt the wall plugin to 12v or same as a car battery so i can run my amp. I know it will put alot of load on it for when i turn it up load, so would need a list of stuff and a explanation how to put it all together if anyone would plz.

Re: Convert to 12v help.....

-Get a car battery and a +14V small power supply to constantly charge (or trickle) the battery. You will have the same situation as in a car..

or

-Build 12V unregulated power supply using a transformer, rectifying bridge and a bank of capacitors (≥10,000µF/25V). The transformer should give you about 11V RMS, rectifying bridge should be rated for currents above 10A.
Although the voltage will be uregulated its fluctuations should not effect the amplifier as in a car when the battery is charged the voltage can rich up to 15Vdc and without charging will be close to 12Vdc or below..

hi,
u may get some help from
semiconductors.globalspec.com/ Industrial-Directory/linear_regulator_tutorial

As stated by IanP, you can use a car battery. Using a 12V sealed lead acid battery is another option. It's maintenance free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back