Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reflectarray patch simulation using CST, unit cell, floquet port, phase curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

panou

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am trying to simulate the variable-sized patch in CST, to get the phase-size S curve. I already did this in HFSS, but want to check the results using CST. In HFSS i am using the master/slave BCs for the unit cell and one floquet port above the patch. I want to see the reflection phase at or above the patch.

But in CST, now i am using the following BCs: Xmin, Xmax, Ymin and Ymax as "unit cell", Zmin as "electric (Et=0)" (which is ground), and Zmax as "open (add space)". And i set the distance to reference plane as -13.5 (seems just above the patch). What's the Z value of this reference plane? And i cann't run the simulation using Frequency domain solver. It is said "initialization database failed".

Any hint please? Thanks in advance.

Attached is the CST file:
View attachment reflectarraypatch.rar

for ur question
1- the embeded port should be to ground ,i.e.,if ur port at z=20 so reference plane should be -20
u run transient solver not frequency solver as u run time not frequency and that method called waveguide method
if u use floquet mode(unit cell solver) u should running using frequency solver

Thanks abdoeng,

the following are the boundary conditions i am using in CST and also the waveguide port configuration.

BCs_WGS.jpgport_WGS.jpg

Are they right?

The results are also attached. I want phase-size curve, but i dont know how to get this in CST. The W is the width of rect patch. The results are obviously wrong cause the phase only changes from 150 to 160.
argS11_WGS.png

thanks man.

Reactions: alsath

alsath

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks abdoeng,

the following are the boundary conditions i am using in CST and also the waveguide port configuration.

View attachment 58009View attachment 58010

Are they right?

The results are also attached. I want phase-size curve, but i dont know how to get this in CST. The W is the width of rect patch. The results are obviously wrong cause the phase only changes from 150 to 160.
View attachment 58011

thanks man.

Hi panou
last note,choose free normal position at 20,isee ur patch be at -18 from the port,try that
another thing,be sure the W is changed in X direction not in Y direction as i see ur port is X polarized ,ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back