Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence spirals_3M library

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsaliba

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I'm a newbie to cadence and well basically I designed a basic ideal VCO, oscillated perfectly but then I replaced the ideal inductors with a random inductor from the spirals_3M libraray and nothing.

First of all - how can I differentiate one inductor from the other (i.e. from the spirals_3M libraray)? And is it a simple swap from an ideal inductor? or do I need to add something to it? thanks.

P.S I also grounded the spiral inductors.

You need to check your process documentation for the characteristics of the different inductors that are available. Then, when you instance the inductor that you have chosen ,you need to edit its inductance value by selecting it and pressing 'q'.

You need to check your process documentation for the characteristics of the different inductors that are available. Then, when you instance the inductor that you have chosen ,you need to edit its inductance value by selecting it and pressing 'q'.

there is no field that allows you to change the inductance or inital conditions. I choose symbol for the schematic or do I choose something else? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.