Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single Channel, 16 ohm earphones, regarding hook up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmons11

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I was just wondering what is the most efficient way of connection a 16ohm, 200mW earphones to a mono channel. Would I just connect the right and left together then just ground the ground? Any information regarding this would be super. Thanks.

Left and Right channels should be summed to mono, not shorted.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

AH! Sorry, I thought you were talking about the output device not the input to the headphones. Yes, they can be shorted together as you say.

I am talking about the output to the headphones. I am making an electronic stethoscope and the headphones will be on the output of a power amplifier. But since I only have one microphone I was wondering about how to connect one single signal line to the headphones (which only have left, right, and ground).

Yes, connect the L and R of the headphones and don't touch the reference line. You will have "phantom" mono (a stereo system with one mono signal).

Status
Not open for further replies.