Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic18f self Flash writing (bootloader concept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majidmanzoor

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to writ flash of 18f pic using self program ability.it is possible that i directly put the hex code in memory.its kind of flash bootloader

Hi,

You are talking about two slightly different functions.

A Bootloader is where the Pic is programmed with a small 'bootloader' program which then allows the PC to send a users program to the Pic for the bootloader to place into memory - so there is no need to use a hardware programmer like the Pickit2.

Self Flash writing is where the users program running in the Pic can be made to change the contents of its own Flash program memory - see the chips datasheet - memory section for details.

For bootloaders - just google - heres a popular one.
Tiny PIC bootloader
You still need to burn the bootloader program into the Pic with a standard programmer.

yes its 2 different concepts.i just use the name "bootloader" to explain my concept.i want to write a "Self Flash writing" kind of program. i have some question;
1. its hex code that i need to write in memory or there some kind of conversion or edit the hex file.
2. i am using mikroC Pro, is there any kind of code example for self-flash -writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.