Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bridge between serial COM port and USB port

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavankumarssv

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I had a microcontroller board evaluation board. I connected that board to the computer with a USB. I want to send some data using the Hyper terminal in windows XP.
But Hyper terminal can send data the Serial COM ports for communication. Hyper terminal can not send data to the USB ports.

Is there any virtual com port driver , so that it can act like a bridge between COM port and USB port ?
Is there any virtual com port driver, so that any USB port is directly identified by the Hyper terminal as a COM port ?
If we simply give the port number in the Hyper terminal then that data should go to the USB port.

I know that there are virtual com port drivers for this purpose given by FTDI, but they work only for their chips. They dont work for other chips.

Waiting for your suggestions and advices.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back