Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing gsm and microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjd

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!!

I am doing a project based on gsm.Here i need to interface microcontroller at89s52 with gsm.I am using a sim300 modem.Main objective is to send sms using gsm by providing AT commands from microcontroller.sim300 responds properly when AT commands are given from hyperterminal, but it doesnt respond when i send the AT commands serially from microcontroller.I am not able to figure out where i have gone wrong. I have connected uc and gsm using rs232 connector. can someone please help me out to interface microcontroller and gsm?

amjd said:
I have connected uc and gsm using rs232 connector. can someone please help me out to interface microcontroller and gsm?
The SIM300 is a TTL level interface not rs232 - from your post I assume you have a level-shifter in the circuit (MAX232), which may be the problem. It would help if you showed a schematic of your circuit.

HEY , U NEED TO CONNECT RX OF MICROCONTROLLER TO THE 2ND PIN OF DB9 OF MODEM AND TX TO THE 3RD PIN OF MODEM.

i.e if u r using

MICRO CONTROLLER -> max232 -> DB9 connector -> "RS232 Cable" -> modem

then u must have cross connection at "quoted" rs 232 cable i.e. 2 and 3 pins must be swapped between 2 ends of RS232 cable ,
check it out it will work, I suffered a lot due to same problem but it was d solution, do it and move ahead coz programming part is real challenge w8ng for u

:D:D:D

HEY , U NEED TO CONNECT RX OF MICROCONTROLLER TO THE 2ND PIN OF DB9 OF MODEM AND TX TO THE 3RD PIN OF MODEM.

i.e if u r using

MICRO CONTROLLER -> max232 -> DB9 connector -> "RS232 Cable" -> modem

one more question is there,whether <CR> is required to be sent at the end of AT command?if it is so then is it to be serially transferred?

Status
Not open for further replies.