Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C6713 DSK, Using McBSP to communicate with daughter card

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaCity

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mcbsp c6713

Hi, I have a C6713 DSK board, and a blank prototyping daughter card. I have been trying for several weeks to send a mcBSP signal to the daughter card over the external peripheral connector. I have set the bits in CPLD so that McBSP 0 and 1 should be routed to the daughter card, and I know the DC_DET bit is 1. I can also run the provided mcbsp example, which does a digital loopback test on the mcbasp port, andt hat works.

However, I can't get a signal to appear on the output pins on the peripheral connector. I am looking at it using an oscilloscope and it just stays a constant high of 3.15 V all the time. I have tried several different configurations for the mcbsp port, and none of them seem to work - they all just produce a constant 3.16V on the transmit data pin.

I think I must be configuring the port incorrectly, somehow. Could someone please provide me with some working sample code that sends a mcBSP signal to the external peripheral connector? I don't really know that much about McBSP protocol and I'm going crazy attempting to figure out what I am doing wrong. All I want to do is be able to talk to the daughter card.

Please Help!!!

mcbsp daughter card

Hi LunaCity,

Did you finally find the source of this problem? If yes, please post it here as I have the same problem.

Thanks

Dear LunaCity ,
I want to do the same work as you , but my problem is that I dont know hot to program the CPLD and how to change the registers in CPLD to connect the mcbsp to expansions , please tell me how you did that , then i will try and i am sure i can solve your problem because I know mcbsp very well . waiting for you
thanks in advanced.
omidsht(at)yahoo(dot)com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back