Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflect Array Antenna on HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raidar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simuler un reflectarray avec hfss

Reflect Array Antenna on HFSS environment any ideas for a simple design
Thanks alot for your kind help
Regards

---------
what about array antennas and reflector combination on HFSS Thanks
I need it urgently

cst reflectarray

it's not possible with HFSS but you can simulate a 24cm*24cm relectarray in X band in CST with the horn feed.(using symmetry plane)

wall .hfss

h_hassani said:
it's not possible with HFSS but you can simulate a 24cm*24cm relectarray in X band in CST with the horn feed.(using symmetry plane)
i vote u
i make 31*31 reflectarray using CST with symmetrical H wall and E wall
HFSS is ideal ofr getting only the phase figure
regards

Re: wall .hfss

i vote u
i make 31*31 reflectarray using CST with symmetrical H wall and E wall
HFSS is ideal ofr getting only the phase figure
regards

Hi,

What is the purpose of using symmetry plane and the symmetrical H wall, E wall?

Thanks

Re: cst reflectarray

Be aware that those who think an application is impossible with HFSS (or any other tool) is likely very wrong. In this case HFSS excels with FSS analysis for both unit cell and finite array analysis in a domain that is natural for both applications, the frequency domain. Also be aware that ensuring a converged mesh is very important, and HFSS does this quite well in an automated fashion. CST may or may not, I do not know (and admit that) however HFSS is very capable in this application and quite efficient in HFSS12.1

Re: cst reflectarray

Be aware that those who think an application is impossible with HFSS (or any other tool) is likely very wrong. In this case HFSS excels with FSS analysis for both unit cell and finite array analysis in a domain that is natural for both applications, the frequency domain. Also be aware that ensuring a converged mesh is very important, and HFSS does this quite well in an automated fashion. CST may or may not, I do not know (and admit that) however HFSS is very capable in this application and quite efficient in HFSS12.1

Hi

I am designing a reflectarray antenna based on FSS.
I have tried to simulate the reflectarray using HFSS-IE (I use Horn as excitation source in HFSS, and reflectrray design in HFSS-IE, with Datalink excitation), But I am out of memory.

Do you have any example of simulation of Reflectarray using HFSS. If yes, could you please send it to me? It can help....

Thanks

Some suggestion here, may be you can try slowly reduce the number of pass in HFSS solution setup, since higher pass numbers will need more memory, less number of passes may give results with lesser accuracy but you can roughly know whether your design is working or not. To get most accurate results, high number of passes will needed and this will need a workstation with 20-40GB of RAM.

Good suggention! The default pass number is max 6 passes and max Delta S = 0.02. So how about the delta S?

For most simple simulation, delta S of 0.01 should be sufficient to get reasonable result since there are only 1% of difference between the outcome of the last two passes.

Thanks. I will try delta S with 0.01. I am trying to simulate a reflectarray with 0.5m diameter and about 500 elements. Hope HFSS or CST will work on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back