Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Code for wave reflection - need a code or a reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawant

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Code for wave reflection

Hi,
I have plotted a 3D image of the waves travelling on the surface of water using matlab, but now I want to have a plot when the waves gets reflected whenever it hits the edges or some some obstacles.

Can anybody provide with a code for this type of problem or any other refrences from where I can get some ideas for the same.

Re: Code for wave reflection

Depending on the size of your problem, the finite-difference method (time or frequency domain) may be the easiest way for you to do this. You can search the forums and you will find lots of finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) codes that will work for you. If you are simulating waves on water, your problem is scalar and not vectorial. The good news is that your problem is easier to solve. The bad new is there may not be a scalar FDTD available in an electromagnetics forum.

You can also search for the e-book or codes that go along with Sullivan's FDTD book. I am 97% sure he has a whole chapter devoted to scalar waves.

If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know.

-Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back