Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

physical meaning of convolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizalvalayam

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convolution physical

sir ,
i would like to get the simple meaning of convolution
please reply to me
with regards
faizalvalayam
cusat

physical meaning fourier transform

It's simple,
Convolution is the degreed of likelyhood (ressemblance, techabeh) between 2 things.
It is equal to 1 if these thinks are the same and 0 if there is no ressemblance between them.

physical meaning of fourier transform

hi,

a topic that is the same as yours is at

best regards

linear convolution physical meaning

asoom said:
hi,

a topic that is the same as yours is at

best regards

Hi all,
Unfortunately asoom this talks mathematically. You can note easily the difference between a mathematician and a scientific physicist.

physical meaning of convolution in dsp

i found that it has the same title so i assumed that it will include some relevant answers; i assumed that it discusses the physical meaning..

sorry for that :|

best regards

physical convolution

Convolution is widely used in various filtration techniques. If the input signal is s(t) and the filter has impulse response h(t), then the output signal is evaluated by means of convolution of the input one and the impulse response. This is a, so-called, linear convolution. It doesn't matter, whether a signal is analogous or discretized.
Also there is cyclic convolution, used in calculation of Fast Fourier Transform.

To learn more, see any book on DSP. I recommend the books of Oppenheim(1) and Aificher(2) as the most well-known and clear.

With respect,

Dmitry

faizalvalayum,
Qualitatively, convolution can be thought of as an operation the produces an output based in the impulse response (fixed for a given system) and current and past inputs all the way back to the current time minus infinity.
Regards,
Kral

Added after 3 minutes:

master_picengineer,
Are you not confusing convolution with correlation?
Regards,
Kral

When any signal (say x(t)) is applied to any system (say A)whose transfer function is h(t) then the output of the system A (say y(t)) is generated by some relationship between input x(t) and the system transfer function y(t), now that relationship is called the convolution. So we can say convolution is that operation which is necessary for any system response to act upon its input to generate output.

All answer just is a broard answer, If you want to know this phenomenon, specially, about Convolution, you can try Textbook on Quantum Mechanics . This will the best place to understand the nature of material in Physics approach .

well convolution is :
imagine two (or more) gears that work together!what happens ............ that is convolution!!!

regards

Hi segmex,

Thing that you mention above is on assume for rigibody, the clearly definition of convolution may express in some simple form like sum of exponential of algebraic expressions(A+Bi),(A-Bi) , In this case , no scintilation form outer. And faizalvalayam, if you can take some experiments , color mixed , between Red and blue color, I think this may be an answer. and if you take a look on thermal property, also, that can vary to it's limit this vital when some expected variables of system close to fail.

Good Lux,

Phongphan Porana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back