Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dimmer with PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

omidmicro

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dimmer bt137

hi
I created a dimmer with PIC microcontroller, BT137 triac and MOC3063 opto triac.
I attached an image of my schematic.

I have a problem with this circuit. when I test this board without a lamp, I see a good cut ac signal. but when I attach a lamp to output, I see a uncut ac signal. I don't know what happen here.
please help me.

I have a feedback of 220V for sync on microcontroller. Also I want to know that a bad sync process can cause this problem or not.

thank you my friends.

dimmer problems

try this ,

omidmicro

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dimmer with zero crossing

thank you Manish for your quick response.
I tested your suggestion but still I have that problem.

Picture 2.jpg show output before connecting lamp and 3.jpg show this after connecting lamp.

I don't know what i should do.

please help.

dimmer con bt137

then what is your prob,

it should be , when the lamp is not there, the terminal is open there is no connection between phase and neutral.

and when you connect the lamp ,a connection is there , so whatever be the fired angle after that you should get the remaining cycle of that ac wave.

from w/f it is clear that the , lamp is bright and there is no dimmer action in it ...yes.

remove R23 , and use R20 = 24 KOHEM , replace your opto triac , it is damage ...too.

problems connecting a dimmer

I tested a dimmer circuit and i saw the wave of it before and after connecting the lamp. it's wave before connecting is like after connecting and it working good. but my circuit is not like that and my dimmer is not working.

I tested your circuit with a new opto triac and a new triac but i still have that problem.

problem of dimmer

i have lot of experience about dimmer if you upload the circuit , it will helpful for me to suggest.

what about zero crossing circuit here .. is it working ????

dimmer ac

Dear Manish thank you for your helps
I attached my circuit.
I think zero crossing is good but I don't know exactly that it should cut the wave at a special position or not. I start cutting exactly after rising detection and stop it some millisecond later.
thank you again.

my dimmer isnt working

Hi friends
Why are you using a Zero crossing opto, You must use a non zero crossing opto like MOC3021.....
Jose

omidmicro

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dimmer problems connect load microcontroller

hi Jose
Can you explain what problems occur when I use a zero cross detection opto?

dimmer problem connecting load microcontroller

omidmicro said:
hi Jose
Can you explain what problems occur when I use a zero cross detection opto?

I will try in english...
Zero crossing only permit to atack the gate in this point, if you send a pulse in the middle of the wave, it will no consider until the next zero crossing, if the pulse is enought wide, and if the pulse is short , the opto will no atack the gate....
In litle words the Zero Crossing only work when the volatge is zero, at the start of each wave.

Sorry, I hope you understand
Jose

dimming problem connecting load microcontroller

Dear omidmicro,
When you test your circuit without a lamp, did you use a another load, e.g., Resistor?
If yes, how many OHM?

opto dimmer

Dear friends
Thank you very much for your helps.
my problem solved.
I solved it by Jose suggestion. my problem was zero cross detection opto.
I tested my board with a MOC3051. that was good.

thank you Jose, Manish and mpp.

and dear mpp I tested it without any load. now before any load my wave is like after it.

Thank you all friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back