Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the most popular fpga device and how to program it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to start fpga

Hi fpga fans,
I want to start fpga design. What's most popular fpga device now? How can i program it?

So many have to be explained. You'd better find a basic book about fpga design.

I think the most popular fpga device now is from Xilinx. It has a whole range of products to choose according to your specification & budget.

One can program it using the Xilinx ISE or Xilinx Foundation. It has direct link to program the device.

Xilinx has WebPack(free Software ).It include download softdownload but you have jtag cable or palallel cable to connect chip
Search in xilinx it has circuit for program chip

Re: how to start fpga

I agree Xilinx FPGA's are good. You can program them in several modes using different cables such as boundary scan, master serial, slave serial mode. A lot of people tend to use the Virtex Family for complex designs and spartan for simple ones just because of the add on capabilities of the virtex family.

rave said:
Xilinx has WebPack(free Software ).It include download softdownload but you have jtag cable or palallel cable to connect chip
Search in xilinx it has circuit for program chip

Could you please give link for cable? :oops:

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back