Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How accurate is timing in Proteus ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minos

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Timming in proteus

how acurate is the timming in proteus???
i had some problems to simulate a software serial port in PIC
when the simulation works , i had to recalculate the delay for the "real" PIC, the cuestion is who is the problem me or the software???

Hi,

I have experienced that timming in Proteus is good.

You must check the freq. that the PIC is runnig, and insure the same freq. in the real world (maybe with crystal)

NeuralC

i checked the cristal in real world as is in proteus and are the same freq
but the delay routines are not woking equal in rela world and proteus, i used a osciloscope to measure

But how you have measured in Proteus??

NeuralC

i write a delay routine and togle a bit in port b
y measured with the osciloscope

I have test the timing in proteus and is very accurate, but I have proved it with graph digital simulation. not real time simulation. I believe it's a better way if there is a CPU overload.

nebisman

i don't have cpu overload, i take care about this
how can i do Graph digital simulation???

you should place a digital window (inside schematic) and place a marker in the ouputs- inputs you want to simulate. Then you simulate it with space bar. Very easy. See graph based simulation in the help for more details.

help!

hello!
i draw a 555 LED oscillator in Proteus,but i don't know how to make the LED flash.could you tell me that? thanks!

nebisman said:
you should place a digital window (inside schematic) and place a marker in the ouputs- inputs you want to simulate. Then you simulate it with space bar. Very easy. See graph based simulation in the help for more details.

It depends if minos has purchased Advanced Simulation, otherwhise he cannot use graphs at all. In this case I suggest minos do not use oscilloscope but logic analyser, if he is working with digital signals of course. Using Analyser one can set function "zoom" and measure times quite accurately.
However, timing in proteus are very accurates. If you measure the time by using pulses generated by micro, pay care that others reasons didn't affect on results, like interrups or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back