Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] SMPS Power Inverter with TL494,1404

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my friend I have a question here for the past Months. I have seen different inverter circuits in the forum but I want to know if the circuit that uses the configuration with the cd4013 and ne556 if they work just as good as using the tl494 configuration .I am trying to put together an inverter but I am using the cd4013 and ne556 config . Thank you
The configuration is equally good in terms of duty cycle. 4013 outputs are 50:50 duty cycle.

Hello my friend I have a question here for the past Months. I have seen different inverter circuits in the forum but I want to know if the circuit that uses the configuration with the cd4013 and ne556 if they work just as good as using the tl494 configuration .I am trying to put together an inverter but I am using the cd4013 and ne556 config . Thank you

my friend,
in a pwm IC like SG3525 or TL494 has so many other functions like error correction current sense shutdown and even the most important of all dead time delay, so comparing a pwm chip with 556 and4013 put together could not make everything possible

Sir I need a detailed stuff regarding 1500W inverter based on smps. Please Sir upload all the stuff as well as circuit diagram. Thanks

my friend,
in a pwm IC like SG3525 or TL494 has so many other functions like error correction current sense shutdown and even the most important of all dead time delay, so comparing a pwm chip with 556 and4013 put together could not make everything possible

Your statement is correct.
Can you mention other chips like SG3525 and TL494.

Is there a battery charger portion in sg3525 based inverter???

hy amir,please upload the schematics of above battery charger circuit

1500 Watt Inverter using TL494, LM324, CD4013B, NE556.
you can use 75N75 on DC side and IRF740 on Output side. Use IE40H ferrite core with 3+3 turns on Primary side and 63 turns on secondary side.

Attachments

• mask.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 837
  • mask-invert.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 730
  • Mask-mirror.pdf
    24.5 KB · Views: 684
  • PCB.pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Silk.pdf
    60.6 KB · Views: 852
  • Silk-Mirror.pdf
    59.5 KB · Views: 727
1500 Watt Inverter using TL494, LM324, CD4013B, NE556.
you can use 75N75 on DC side and IRF740 on Output side. Use IE40H ferrite core with 3+3 turns on Primary side and 63 turns on secondary side.
thanks "KG300" but as usual you only like to give little bits and pieces of information !!where is the circuit diagram/schematic?

Reactions: kif123

kif123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you kg300,can you upload the pcb in its software standard .instead of pdf file.

- - - Updated - - -

what are the size of the copper wire for both primary and secondary winding etc .

AWG #23 single on secondary side. and AWG#23 4 wires on Primary (DC) side

thanks kg300 for posting such a useful things.but I've one problem.you have used ei core transformer.it's not available in our country.can I use ee core transformer istead of ei core?

thank you very much...you have solved my problem.....now i'm making pcb...hope It will be alright.......

- - - Updated - - -

but what the differnence between ee and ei core transformer,,,instead of shape?

This is called Litz wite. A Litz wire consists of multiple fine strands of insulated solid wire twisted together to form a single conducting bundle.
More simple words, take 4 wire of AWG#24 (enameled wire) and wind them together (to reduce the skin effect and increase the total wire gauge.)

Thanks for the answer. I understand.

There is any specific way to wind them all together? I mean, they have to be aligned side by side, they can be curled and then wind, etc?

wind the primary half then secondary half then again primary final then secondary final . place insulation in each layer

what will happen if we wind the complete primary first and then complete secondary?

Status
Not open for further replies.