Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FSK demoudulator using a PLL and data slicer is cohereent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwfhm2002

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
data slicer

We using FM PLL demodulator with a data slicer as FSK demodulator, my question is what is it a coherent demodulator or non-coherent demodulator?

And FSK demodulator has two another method:
1: general band pass filter and envelope comparator
2: match filter BPF and envelope comparator

What 's 1 and 2 coherent demodualtor or non-coherent demodulator?

My understanding is PLL demodulator and 2 is coherent demodualtor because they will align the LO phase with incoming signal, and 1 is non-coherent demodulator. But some paper give different answer.

fsk pll band pass

PLL demodulation of FSK is coherent demodulation by using PLL as a carrier synchorization where as other two methods based on filter and envelope detection are non-coherent. However there is a third technique call differential detection where you do not need carrier synchronization.

I am performing correlation based FSK demodulation. Do i need to do symbol synchronization . I mean to say that i am using 64 samples per symbol and after correlation i have to integrate these 64 samples. then my decission is done by comparing one sample out of 64. now if the 64 samples are not properly matched at receiver with those of transmitter then decission would be wrong. Am i right about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.