Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding counter-vhdl code

Status
Not open for further replies.

shraddha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vhdl synchronous counter

hi
I wanna design "asynchronous" binary 8bit counter & 6 bit counter.8 bit counter will reset after 240(in hex-F0) & 6 bit counter will reset 40 bytes(28in hex).Can any1 plz give me VHDL code for it.it's very urgent.

regards
shraddha

syncronous counter + vhdl

You sentence is missing some spaces. Did you mean "asynchronous" or "a synchronous"?

vhdl code for 8 bit counter

try this code I'm not sure but it is some thing like that if he don't work tell me I will send you mine,
you can change the palce of the ce and clock to get asynchrone or synchone ce.

process ( clock, ce, reset)
begin
if reset ='1' then
counter <= 0;
elsif clock'event and clock ='1' then
if ce ='1' then
counter <= counter +1
end if;
end if;
count_out <= count;
end processs;

synchronous counter vhdl

Hi mmoctar,

Your above code is not clear when the counter reaches its maximum value and reset.

As per Shraddhas' requirement, counter must be reset after max. value reaches.

By using this async counter, you can increase your count value upto max. values reach, then make it '0'. Insert a if condition after the counter assignment.

Plz let me know if you have not clear.

Regards,
Sachin

async counter + vhdl codes

you can use an if statement for the max value, but the reset is use for restart the counter at the beginnig even if you ain't reach the max value.

8 bit synchronous counter in vhdl

hi mmoctar
can you plz send me vhdl code for the synchronous binary 8bit counter & 6 bit counter.8 bit counter will reset after 240(in hex-F0) & 6 bit counter will reset 40 bytes(28in hex)
regrads
shraddha

Status
Not open for further replies.