Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me in designing a SCHMITT TRIGGER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhu01

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai ,

I want to design a schmitt trigger operating at 66 MHz for receiver application . It should work for both 1.8v/3.3v having hystersis of 200mv . Please help me .

Regards ,
Madhu.

Why dont you use an op amp with a + feed back. I believe the circuit can be easily found on the web.

use comparator with latch positive feed back also help

Read Chapter 18 of "CMOS Circuit Design, Layout and Simulation" by Baker and others.

Hai ,

As u told iam following Baker Lee Architecture , but iam not getting swtiching output .
Individually for DC low =0.63 and DC high = 1.17 inputs iam getting outputs as 1.8 and 0v .
But when iam giving Switching input iam getting output 0 switching between -40mv to +40mv.

Hai ,

In the above Pdf iam following third architecture . But iam not getting Hystersis . Out is not switching properly it is ringing at some particular point . Can u please explain me more detail about that above ckt .
Best Regards ,
Madhu.

OPAMP with positive feedback will surely help..

You can actually look in to Digital Integrated Circuits by Rabaey. There you will get a couple of circuits for Schmitt triggers and design equations too.

Hai ,

Thanks for giving me good Suggestions .

Best Regards,
Madhu.

Status
Not open for further replies.