Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connect 2 batteries in parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbar

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I now it is not recommended but I need to connect two batteries of 3V in parallel to get extra capacity. Is there a circuit that make any isolation between them but without drop voltage of 0.2V (like when you connect diode)?

There is no such a circuit that will "separate" two connected in parallel batteries without causing voltage drops ..
So, hardwire these two batteries in parallel and that's it ..

Regards,
IanP

hay my friend!
you can connet to "http://www.eserviceinfo.com" ' forum '.I think it can help you.

goodluck

wats the problem if we connect them directly?

satyasiva said:

slight vtg difference will create sourceing and sinking each other to weak the battery

satyasiva said:

The problem is that the two batteries may have different discharge rates. In that case, there would be current from one battery flowing to the other as the higher voltage battery tries to charge the one that depleted more quickly. Likewise, if the batteries are rechargable, you would get different charge currents through each of the batteries - possibly damaging one of them with high temperature because of too high a charging rate.

In vehicles with two batteries, there is a switching circuit that discharges and recharges each of the batteries individually to prevent damage.

"Serial and parallel battery configurations"
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.