Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cases - how to build one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanm

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Cases ...

Hello,

I'm sorry if this is not the right forum to ask this question and I apologise if someone feels disturbed reading it. My problem is simple: you finish your really cool, state of the art, one in the world portable mp3 player/game console emulator/whatever else you can carry with you and then you need to find a case for the whole thing ... How do you do that? What's the best material to build a simple case to enclose your project, and how exactly can you actually build it? I tried to glue together some parts using adhesives and/or nails and stuff like this, but the results were far from my expectation. Any help would be apreciated.

In my opinion it would depend on the number of items to be produced.

It is possible to use "thermo plastics" which turns soft when heated. By warming the plastic and forming it afterwards, it is possible to make some crude encasings. It is however virtually impossible to make two 100% identical units.

Another option is contacting a local company which works with plastics. They can usually make a special tool for you, and can cast the encasings in virtually any material (and color) you like. The initial price can be a bit, but try talk to them - you might get a nice surprise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back